Godox Xpro Trigger for Nikon unboxing

As a poor amateur photographer I have to make do with cheap brands and the technology they offer at a budget price.
For the last few years I have been using Yongnuo manual flashguns and triggers, starting off with Yongnuo 560II's then 560III's and finally the 560IV's and for triggers I used the Yongnuo rf602's and finally the Yongnuo 560TX.

I have to say the Yongnuo brand was flippin awesome for the price, offering entry level specs for budding amateurs and providing features normally saved for togs with loads of dosh.

The Yongnuo 560IV is cheap manual flashgun offering basic features including zoom, power from 1/1 to 1/128 with wireless receiver built in, this brings me to amazing Yongnuo 560TX trigger which allowed me to control the 560IV's from the hotshoe of my camera.

The 560TX allowed me to change the zoom and power of several flashguns which is a god send and a feature normally saved for high end products.
The flashguns and triggers are probably around £40-£50 each so a trigger and 3 flashguns could be had for a mind blowing low sum of £200 squids and for poor togs this is a great entry level way to access off camera flash.

Now technology has moved on and as a warm blooded male I need to up my arsenal to better and bolder things, Bring on HSS (High Speed Sync) which has been around for a while and once again only people who paid a premium had access to this wonderful star trek type technology, enabling the owner to open their aperture on a bright sunny day and still use off camera flash at shutter speeds up to 1/8000 sec.

Thanks to Godox a company who has photographers like me in mind at the lower end of the market, have produced a similar product to Yongnuo but have taken the next step in the flashgun evolution by being innovative and fresh.

Godox have produced a new trigger called the Xpro which is full of amazing features that you only see in high end photography products, this includes HSS, I had to have one so paid the measly £60 and had it next day thanks to Amazon Prime.

Now I have my trigger I needed flashguns and once again as a photographer with little dollar I had to find a cheap flashgun that also had HSS, once again Godox to the rescue, I am now the proud owner of 3 Godox TT600 flashguns, these flashguns are manual which is how I roll but with the added feature of that elusive HSS which I have been pining over for the last few years.

The beauty of Their Godox Xpro trigger is it is TTL so if I ever upgrade to TTL flashes or strobes I'm all set up and future proofed.
The Xpro was £60 and the TT600's £56 so altogether it cost £228 which sounds a lot but not in comparison as you can spend this and much more just on one flashgun and now I have access to HSS,

HALLELUJAH :-)

Below is a video I made of me unboxing my Godox Xpro trigger with a few thoughts.
Consider subscribing to my YouTube channel especially if you like off camera flash and HSS as I will be doing some videos soon of me using this setup.



 


Make sure you check out my links and give me a follow as well, its all free so no excuses and feel free to leave a comment or ask questions about my video or my photography.
I would be very grateful if you could share any of my videos or blogs on your social media, you have the power to help my channels grow, Thanks :-)

Don't forget to follow me on twitter Click Me
Check out my Flickr stream Click Me
My YouTube channel Click Me
My 500px Click Me

My Instagram Click Me
My Facebook Click Me 

Comments